Wednesday 15 April 2020

Week 4 in Lockdown - Amy

We are now in week four of lock down in the UK. Things have changed quite a lot since week one. Supermarkets are being more supportive to elderly and vulnerable people and also people who work for the NHS. I don’t think there is quite as much panic buying going on, but supermarkets are playing their part with that by limiting the amount of certain things we can buy. I haven’t been to the supermarket in weeks. My Mum and Dad are doing all of my shopping for me. Every so often I will go for a walk up to the local shops and obviously try and keep my distance from other people. 

The mood of the country seems to have changed a lot over the last few weeks. Everybody seems to be more accepting of it and trying to make the most of it. People are thinking of creative ways to keep everybody’s spirits up. There have been online church services, people singing outside care homes and children drawing pictures to decorate the new hospitals that have been built. Some people who work for the NHS have also been getting some lovely treats recently from various companies. We have also had Clap for our Carers on Thursday evenings. There has been some really heart warming things going on. It’s really nice to see some community spirit and people supporting the NHS in these tragic times. 

There is still no sign of an end to this lock down, which is really bringing me down mentally. But everybody is doing their best to try and cheer me up and remind me how lucky I am. Luckily I have some very patient and understanding family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment