Wednesday 22 April 2020

Lockdown For Me - Carol

I wake up at some point during the day depending on how I've slept.            
I'd hope that the sun is out so that I can enjoy time in the garden getting a sun tan which I should have got on my holiday to Tenerife. That of course was cancelled.
I love hearing the sounds of the birds singing, the children playing and the occasional neighbour talking.
I also like to hear my husband doing the garden or doodling and tinkering with various tools as he makes items... usually to make my life easier in some way or another.
I sit covered in sun tan cream with a hat and glasses on, a lager in my hand... or sometimes something a little stronger, listening to a book or watching something.
This is all in between going in to sort washing or tidy the kitchen for our next meal.
At evening time we would have dinner while watching something on Netflix or Disney plus.        
On Fridays it is so strange not to be picked up by our lovely driver Dennis on the minibus to go to Mappin Street for the Writing Group.     
So I'd catch up with people on social media, or the phone, and I would take part in my choir session on line. I'd keep up to date with the news and by going on face book etc. 
Friends and family would bring shopping to our front door and the same with Amazon and the chemist.
The best thing about this all is that I get more time to spend with my husband and my gadgets without feeling guilty for missing anything and thinking about where I should be. I can exercise on my treadmill and get fresh air in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment